As a gluten free vegetarian, I find myself eating salads quite a bit. My favorite by far is this strawberry goat cheese salad. I could easily eat this salad every day it is that good. This salad is great for both lunch and dinner and could easily be made when entertaining guests. You could easily pay about $8-12 on a single serving of this salad at restaurants or you could make it at home for about the same price. If you’d like to learn how to make this restaurant quality salad continue reading.
• Crumbled Goat Cheese
• Red Onion
• Chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
• Dressing of your choice (I prefer a poppy seed dressing or a balsamic vinaigrette)
1. Wash the spinach and strawberries thoroughly with water.
2. Place handfuls of spinach in a large bowl depending on how much salad you would like to make.
3. Chop up the strawberries and place them on top of the spinach.
4. Chop as much red onion as you would like and place it in the bowl.
5. Dump the crumbled goat cheese in the bowl.
6. Add your dressing of choice to the salad.
7. Toss the salad until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Ta-duh, your salad is finished. For all you non-vegetarian types feel free to add chicken or some other type of meat if you want. Overall this strawberry goat cheese salad costs between $15 and $20, however, keep in mind that this makes several servings of salad. Feel free to add additional ingredients to make your salad even more delicious. Hope you enjoy your salad!